Monday 3 August 2015

Warmth in Winter: Fashion

For Wellington winter's I don't do very much differently compared to summer time.
The weather is cooler, but most of my wardrobe is usable year round.
With a few exceptions - one maxi dress isn't possible to wear during winter, but a second one I have is due to the layering I can do to it.

I wear leggings and dresses year round. T-shirts too.  I am fortunate to live in an area of the world that doesn't have a huge variance in temperatures - between 7°C to 21°C.

Most of the Style Board I set up on pinterest shows some of my style, although the pictures are not all from my wardrobe. Although I'm a flat shoes and covering my chest - kind of gal...

I prefer layering; if it's hotter later I can remove enough layers to be comfortable, likewise if it's cooling off I can add more layers if needed. Generally I throw a cardigan into my handbag to layer with if it's needed. Where possible I try not to use heavy items, as lighter items seem to work better together. Likewise a lot of my wardrobe is black, but I'm working on this - adding colour where I can. When we were in Australia earlier this year Dan did buy me a red handbag. It's the perfect size for uni, so I use it for that too.
Layering items is perfect year round too - in summer it's perfect for when it cools off at night, but it's still warm enough to be out; And in winter when the sun is out it can be quite warm, and again cools off dramatically at night.

Below are some of the photos I've taken of me, 
in various styles, 
at various times over the past few years:


Above: Skinny jeans, running shoes, and a scarf from India.


Above: Sunglasses and a maxi dress.



Above: Black dress, leggings and Chuck Taylor shoes. Red belt.


Above: Green woollen coat.


Above: Chuck Taylor shoes with blue floral pants.


Above: Flat sandals with the same blue floral pants.



Above: Owl necklace, hi low top and floral blue pants.


Above: Cardigan with a low/hi top, leggings and boots.
And of course the boyfriend and the perfect prop - an 120 year old Tortoise!

No comments:

Post a Comment