Monday 22 February 2016

Iced Tea obsession!

Okay, so I am not kidding when I say that my favourite summertime drink is Iced Tea.
It can't be any iced tea either, the flavour has to be spot on.

It has to be sweet, but not too sweet -
And ice cold but no ice cubes either -
And it has to be chilled to perfection.

Here's my recipe for DIY Home Made Iced Tea...

You will need:
  • 1L jug to mix everything into.
  • A couple of bags of tea (I like this one: Peach & Pineapple from Red Seal.)
  • Juice or cordial or other flavouring to add to and compliment the tea (I like this one: NJoy Fruit Juice Lime with Apple, Lemon & Mint. 
  • Cold water, or room temperature water from your kitchen sink taps.
  • A fridge to chill the mixture in.
Step 1:
Mix the tea according to the directions, place 2 teabags into the litre jug, adding water 
(I made it up to about half water with the tea mixture). 

Step 2:
Let the tea steep into the cool water for the 3-5 minutes (as per tea packet directions).

Step 3:
Remove the tea bags from the jug.
Add the Lime, Lemon, Apple & Mint juice to the jug of tea mixture.
Refrigerate until chilled to your liking.
         
Step 4: 
Enjoy!



It probably comes to no surprise then that my favourite Starbucks drink is the Passion Tea with Lemonade! (US web link, but similar info for the NZ version).



The ingredients of which of course are: (from the US website linked above).
An Infusion Of  
[Water, Hibiscus Flowers, Citric Acid, Natural Flavors, Cinnamon, Apple, Licorice Root, Lemongrass, Fruit Juice Extract], Ice.

There are lots and lots of YouTube videos on how to make Iced Tea - I watched a few, but a lot of them seem to think you need hot water to steep tea in, not true!

Alexa Golden - she makes green tea in a keurig machine, I don't have one, but you can use your coffee pod machine to make iced tea (who knew?!)

The Domestic Geek  - is a favourite to watch, she's amazing and has LOADS of other drink recipes on her channel.

If you buy the cold/hot brew type you can choose making it in hot or cold water. It's a bit freaky to start with, but it makes sense.  Also I don't sweeten my tea - if you choose good flavourings you won't need to sweeten it.

Diva's Can Cook also has a YouTube channel but I found them here. So good! They also have loads more recipes for food and other beverages, so check them out!


What are some of your favourite recipes for making iced tea?
What's your favourite summertime drink? 


I also want to know what YOU think. I've created a quick survey HERE which shouldn't take too long.  I'd love to hear your FEEDBACK! 

Until next Monday,
xx Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment