Tuesday 9 June 2015

RECIPE Sweet and Sour chicken

This week's recipe is inspired off Sweet and Sour Pork, although sadly I forgot to get pork when I was getting the groceries! I had chicken though...

You will need: 
1/2 cup of sugar.
1/4 cup of rice wine vinegar.
1/4 cup of soy sauce.
1 Tablespoon of tomato sauce.
450g can of Pineapple.
Chicken - I used drumsticks...I've got about 4 in each pack.
(It should be 700g of meat for two people).

You could also use chicken breast or other meat: just chop it into cubes around the same size.

Instructions:
Mix all ingredients to combine.
Cook in slow cooker / crock pot on low for 6-8 hours until meat is tender.

Serve with vegetables and rice.


We ate this for dinner on Monday evening (which was yesterday).
Yummo! We switched out the rice for a little couscous.
Apologies for the late post! Was due out yesterday morning, Queen's Birthday.





No comments:

Post a Comment