Monday 23 February 2015

High tea, time with ladies and etiquette.

On Saturday I had the pleasure of being invited to a High Tea at Margaret's house.
We had eight of us ladies present. This was an informal meeting for all the volunteers who worked during the past 5 years for Eva's Attic. [A charity, premium second hand clothing store.]

Today's High Tea was a first for me, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.



Our high tea had the drink options of iced berry tea; herbal, earl grey or green tea; diet coca cola or lemon water. The iced berry tea was delicious. It was refreshing and cooling. The food was divine - all hand selected by our hostess Margaret.
The ladies in company were a delight as well - sharing our stories of how we had met as well as our tales of working in Eva's Attic. It was great to see the other volunteers who I hadn't been in contact with, as well as meeting a couple for the first time.

Image credit


I'm rather excited to see the new direction Eva's Attic is going in, moving into the online sales sphere of retail. I am also sad to see that the premises will be closing this week on Wednesday, as it has been a pleasurable work environment where I've learned to run a shop solo as well as keep my cash handling (and Eftpos) skills in check. I've enjoyed my Friday afternoon banter with Ruth, and I'll miss not seeing her smiling face. Hopefully we will all keep in touch as the store moves online.

Below are some images off my blog which I shared long ago of the shop space in Cuba Street:








These three photos below are more recent of the other shop space in the Grand Arcade (where the shop currently is, and last trading day is this Wednesday - 25th of March.)




Eva's Attic won't have a physical shop any more so it will come down to manning the stall when we have a pop up location. We are looking at a number of avenues for this - maybe opening a store up in Auckland, or Christchurch... Or just running from markets and stalls. At times like these I wish I had a car, so I could run markets on Saturday mornings and such on their behalf, but alas a car is not for me right now.

I am sure I'll be kept busy enough soon with my university studies starting again in just under a week.

This week's quote: 
"Tea" to the English is really a picnic indoors. ~Alice Walker, The Color Purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment